Aims and Objectives
The central aims of the project are:
- to resolve outstanding issues identified in the Exit Strategy for Phase II that will impact upon the current demonstrator's ability to act as a shared service;
- to trial the demonstrator such that issues relating to performance, scalability and usability may be gauged.
The key objectives are to:
- to continue to develop and enhance the service in preparation for roll out as a shared service;
- to model and incorporate historic content within the gazetteer;
- to address feature versioning issues;
- to investigate and benchmark the gazetteer's performance under various alternative architectures and assess factors related to scalability for shared service mode;
- to evaluate and enhance the textual analyses and disambiguation capabilities of the geoparser for semi-automatic indexing of resources;
- to implement, trial and evaluate geoXwalk within the context of servicing existing JISC services;
- to continue to promote awareness of the service both within and without HE/FE;
- to continue to engage with stakeholders and potential data providers.